Hello, dry brushing ! Have you heard of dry brushing? Dry brushing is a fast, effective, easy detox that you probably aren’t doing but should be. It is an ancient practice, popular around the world from Japan to Sweden. It only takes five minutes a day, and all you need is a dry brush! It has numerous health and beauty benefits, my favorite one being cellulite reduction (and isn’t that enough?)
Dry brushing involves taking a dry, natural bristle brush (not synthetic) and brushing your body in upward strokes (towards your heart), right before you jump in the shower. That is all there is to it! The info graph below will give you a more detailed description on how to do it.
Benefits of dry brushing include:
- Reduced appearance of cellulite – That is all I would need to know, and I would already be half way to Whole Foods to buy a dry brush; but maybe you are not as impatient as I am. Cellulite is toxic material accumulated in fat cells; dry brushing breaks them down.
- Tones muscles and tissues by distributing fatty deposits
- Stimulates and cleanses your lymph system by eliminating toxins, waste, and excess water
- Rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings
- Exfoliates dead skin cells (cell renewal is always a plus!)
- Increases circulation and helps your skin absorb nutrients
Tip – Alternate temps in the shower (hot to cold) to stimulate blood circulation even more.
“Quick! Where can I buy a dry brush?”
As I mentioned, Whole Foods has them, as well as Sprouts and many other stores, if you need one today (am I the only one?)
You can order them on Amazon (and wait a long two days…) for under 20.00. One with a handle might be a bit easier to use. Just remember to get natural bristles (not synthetic).
Dry brushing is easy, and has so many benefits. Try it every day for 30 days and see what you think. Who doesn’t want tighter, firmer skin right before beach season? The detox part is just icing on the cake.